Minimum Industry Safety Training (MIST)
Tom Griffin, Head of Offshore Survival Training joined SEFtec NMCI Offshore in January 2010. Tom had over 20 years’ experience with the Irish Naval Service prior to joining the Company.
Learners acquire the standardised level of safety awareness and training to enter the offshore oil and gas industries.
- Identify common hazards in the offshore environment
- Understand how to conduct a risk assessment
- Recognise the function and use of a Permit To Work system
- Implement appropriate controls for different hazards
- Identify the legislation governing the offshore environment
- Determine the factors that can contribute to accidents in the offshore environment
- Introduction to the hazardous offshore environment
- Working Safely
- Risk Assessment
- Permit to Work/Control of Work
- Platform Integrity
- Manual Handling
- Control of Hazardous Material
- Working at Height
- Mechanical Fitting
This course is accredited by OPITO (Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organisation).
This training course is delivered by NMCI.